The SBS On Demand website now supports casting on all browsers including Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge.
1. Head to the SBS On Demand Website here: https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/
2. Select a program you would like to view
3. Ensure you are signed in with your email address and password and play the program
4. Locate the “Cast” icon in the top right-hand corner of our player and click on it:
5. If your device is connected to the same network as your Chromecast, then it will appear under the section, “Cast to a device”.
6. Click on your Chromecast device’s name to start casting.
You will then see an image similar to the one below once our website is ready to cast:
The system will then automatically cast or mirror whatever you want to watch on our website straight onto your television’s screen.
The screen on your device (i.e. your computer or laptop) will then change to a new interface similar to the image below
Once you’ve completed your program or wish to stop casting, simply click on the “Cast” icon in the top right hand corner and select “Stop casting”.