SBS collects personal information about you when you provide it to us. This information is collected directly from you in a number of ways, including:
- Registering for an SBS account and using SBS On Demand or our other online services or subscribing to SBS newsletters;
- Contacting us to make an enquiry, provide feedback or comments or generally interacting and engaging with us through our website or social media platforms;
- Entering an SBS competition or giveaway;
- Participating in one of our surveys or voting in one of our polls; and
- Applying to attend and/or attending one of our events or participating as an studio audience member.
SBS may also collect information about you indirectly from reputable third parties, for example, third parties who conduct surveys or run competitions, giveaways or other promotions on our behalf, or provide marketing insights or data analysis services to us or social media platforms and advertising technology partners. If we receive information about you from a third party, we ensure that it has been shared in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).