To read the SBS Terms and Conditions which apply to SBS managed or branded third party social media platforms, please click here
The pages managed by SBS on third party social media platforms, may contain opportunities for you to make contributions, including comments (user content).
While SBS encourages robust debate and discussion, all users should treat each other with tolerance, courtesy and respect. SBS seeks to represent a range of perspectives on issues of public interest on its social media platforms. User content is created by members of the public and reflects their opinions. SBS does not endorse the opinions contained in user content.
By submitting user content, you:
- grant to SBS a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide licence to use, copy, communicate, redistribute or adapt the User Content (and sublicense to any third party the same rights);
- confirm and warrant that User Content you post is your own original work and does not breach any law; and
- confirm and warrant that you have the consent to identify anyone who is identifiable in the User Content (including parental or guardian consent for any person under the age of 18).
All user content is published at SBS’s sole discretion. User content may be edited, removed or not published for legal, editorial or other reasons including if SBS considers that user content:
- is false or misleading
- breaches any law in any jurisdiction (including defamation, contempt of court, privacy, discrimination, harassment, and racial vilification);
- encourages, promotes or assists the commission of any illegal act;
- infringes intellectual property rights of SBS or a third person;
- is abusive, offensive, threatening, harassing, obscene, bullying or deliberately provocative to other users;
- is inappropriate, off-topic, repetitive, vexatious or in breach of any ‘house rules’ posted on the relevant site;
- invades the privacy of any person or discloses personal information;
- is posted for financial gain or contains any links, advertising or marketing material or spam,
- contains harmful or illegal material or links to such material including viruses, malware, ransomware etc,
- is a solicitation for donations,
- impersonates any person, group or entity; or
- otherwise breaches these Terms of Service
User content that contains any of the above material may be deemed by SBS to be a breach of the SBS Terms and Conditions
If you breach SBS Terms and Conditions, SBS may remove or ban you from the Services, and/or take any steps available to it under the terms or conditions or policies of a third party social media platform.
You are legally responsible for the material you submit to to a social media platform, such as Facebook. SBS reserves the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authority in any jurisdiction regarding material which may breach any law, including a request to disclose your identity or other information. SBS may also refer any unlawful content to law enforcement agencies.
If you wish to make a complaint about a breach of the SBS Terms and Conditions or any content on SBS accounts and pages on third party social media platforms (including user content), you can do so here: sbs.com.au/complaints. If you wish to make a complaint to the eSafety Commissioner about the Services, you can do so here: https://www.esafety.gov.au/report
For further information regarding our Terms and Conditions, please head to our Terms and Conditions page