SBS may use your personal information to send you direct marketing communications about our activities and services if you have subscribed to SBS email newsletters. If you no longer wish to receive such communications, you can choose to opt out by:
- Logging-in to your SBS account to change your account settings and communication and subscription preferences.
- If you have received an email from SBS, there will be a link to opt out or unsubscribe contained in each of those emails.
Personalisation and advertising choices
If you do not want to receive personalised content recommendations or interest-based advertisements on SBS, you can follow the steps below to opt out. If you choose to opt out of interest-based advertising, this does not mean that you will not receive advertising on our sites and services, it just means that the advertising you see will be less relevant to you and your interests.
- You can opt out of SBS’s personalisation services such as content and advertising recommendations by adjusting your preferences here.
- You can also change your internet browser settings to remove, disable or block the use of cookie – please note that you may not be able to access all or parts of our websites, or experience reduced functionality.
- For iOS devices, you can opt out of interest-based advertisements on the SBS On Demand App through the App settings under “Advertising”. You can also decide whether to “Allow Tracking” by the SBS App through the iOS and SBS pop up prompts.
- For Android devices, you can opt out of interest-based advertisements on the SBS On Demand App through the App settings under “Advertising”.
- For Connected TVs, you may be able to opt out of interest-based advertisements on the SBS On Demand App on your TV through the App settings. Alternatively, your TV itself may have the functionality to disable interest-based advertisement depending on the brand and model. Please refer to your TV’s instruction manual for more information.
- You can find out more about how to opt out of cookies provided by our key advertising technology partners from:
- You can adjust your Facebook advertising settings from within your Facebook account and opt-out of advertisements from within the Facebook application.
- You can also visit the Your Online Choices website to opt out from the advertising technology providers signed up to that website: https://www.youronlinechoices.com/ie/your-ad-choices
Please note that the opt outs above are browser and/or device-specific so if you access SBS websites and digital services through a number of devices, you will need to opt out on each of those devices.
Even if you have opted out of interest-based advertising, SBS and its trusted third party service providers may still collect data about you for the purposes of analytics and research. Also, the above opt outs may not stop all interest-based advertising being served on our sites and services, including by advertisers who may have obtained information about you from other sources.
You may delete your SBS account in your SBS account settings on the SBS website.
You have a right to access the personal information that SBS holds about you and you can request that we correct or update that personal information. You can contact us by submitting an online request here, or contact the SBS Privacy Officer.